Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Birthday Block

So at this time I have very little ribbon that is current or will be current on July 1. So for this card I improvised.

  • I colored the Black striped Grosgrain Ribbon with a sponge and Melon Mambo ink.
  • Instead of a knot in the ribbon I used a Rhinestone brad to hold it closed.
  • I stamped the stamp in Melon Mambo and then with the Basic Black Marker I colored two lines of words on the stamp, I then stamped on Whisper White.
  • I Matted this on Basic Black, then Melon Mambo, then Basic Black, to this I added the Ribbon.
  • I ran a piece of Whisper White through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dot folder, mounted it on a Melon Mambo card front and then added the matted phrase.

I like how this one turned out.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea coloring the striped ribbon, I would never have thought of that. I love the effect it has on the card, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the idea of coloring the striped ribbon!! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, great color scheme. The ribbon works so well with the birthday sentiment. great job coloring the ribbon
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete