Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Word Play- Graduation

Without a Graduation specific stamp set I had to look at the sets that we have and decide what would work for a Graduation themed card. I chose a stamp from "Word Play" but there are others that would work as well. How about using, It takes Courage to grow up and become who you Really are. From "Hope Happens" or Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time. From "Uncharted Territory" or from the new Summer Mini how about using the Way to go Congrats Well Done stamp from "Happy Greetings" Is there any others that you can think of? If so leave me a comment and let me know what they are OK?


Here is the card recipe:

• The card base is Whisper White with a front of Night of Navy that I ran through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips folder.
• I stamped the phrase in Bashful Blue and then used the Night of Navy marker to color some of the words darker (the 2 blues are our school colors). On a piece of Whisper White that I cut to fit just inside the embossed area.

• The hat is a 1 ¼" square of Night of Navy with a standard hole punch for the button. I made a simple tassel with White crochet thread.



The card really was simple and fast.

2 comments:

  1. Just great! Love that tassel you made too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the colors of our local highschool. I love it! I can't wait to do this. Though I do not have this stamp, I am hoping I have some sort of grad saying stamp.
    stefy

    ReplyDelete