Thursday, October 17, 2013

Love & Sympathy

Were you wondering if I'd ever post?
This card uses the new Circle Card Thinlits Die. I have always liked flip/swing cards but often found it difficult to line everything up just right. With the new Thinlits Dies it is easy! This card was done with the Faux Watercoloring Technique using the Love & Sympathy stamp set.

Mostly closed
Open

  • The card is Marina Mist CS. I ran it through the Big Shot with the Circle Card Thinlits Die, it does the hard part by cutting and scoring all at once.
  • On Watercolor Paper I stamped the iris from Love & Sympathy using the Faux Watercolor Technique(instructions in this post), and cut it out with a Circle Framelit. I attached it to the card so that when closed it is on the front.
  • The sentiment is from Create a Cupcake and is stamped on Very Vanilla CS with Old Olive ink than punched with the Word Window Punch. I layered it on Old Olive CS punched with the Modern Label Punch. I added the smallest of the Pearl Jewels on both ends and added it to the card.
  • I stamped an additional sentiment from Create a Cupcake on Very Vanilla CS again in Old Olive. I cut it with a Circle framelit and added it to the opposite side of the card.
  • I added one each of the three small sizes of Pearls to the top curve of the card.
These flip/swing cards are so fast and easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment