I'm slowly working on a bathroom remodel. The bathroom will be beach themed. When I was a child we lived for a time on a South Pacific Island in the American Samoan Islands. I sent 19 years living near the coast in California so I am drawn to the beach.
Some of my favorite stamp sets are perfect for this project. I might offer this as a class.
I used the following stamp sets:
Sea of Texture Bundle
The base is a 12" x 12" Crumb Cake. The mats are Coastal Cabana. All but the mermaid scene are on Thick Whisper White, the mermaids background is Shimmery White so that I could add a watercolor wash for the water.
Starting at the top left and working across and down (1 through 9) here are the stamps and colors:
- Stamps: Lily Pad Lake & the birds from High Tide. Colors are Smoky Slate & Pool Party ink, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler & Night of Navy Blends. Two boats are popped up with Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Waterfront. Colors are Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Soft Suede, & Pool Party inks. Palm Fronds stamped twice and 1 set fussy cut and added with Dimensionals.
- Stamps: High Tide. Colors are Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, & Cajon Craze. The two largest birds were stamped twice and fussy cut and popped up with Dimensionals.
- Stamps: High Tide. Under the Sea Framelit Dies with Sahara Sand CS, Pool Party & Crumb Cake Inks.
- Stamps: Sea of Texture Bundle. Seaside Textured Embossing Folder. Octopus is Grapefruit Grove, Calypso Coral & Cajun Craze Ink. CS is Pool Party, Soft Seafoam, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand Sponged with Mango Melody ink. Net is from a bag that held Costco Melons.
- Stamps: High Tide. Colors are Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz & Crumb Cake. The birds are cut twice and the bodies popped up with Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Magical Mermaid, Sea of Texture & High Tide. The Shimmery White CS was watercolor washed with Pool Party dried and then stamped on. Inks used are Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Cajon Craze, Pear Pizzazz for the background. On the mermaid I used Pear Pizzazz on the bottom of the tail, Old Olive on the rest of the tail, Powder Pink for her body and Soft Suede for her hair, I used Blends to color her in, Old Olive Combo for the tail, Ivory for body & Bronze for hair. She was fussy cut and popped up with Dimensionals. There are 7 coats of Wink of Stella on her tail.
- Stamps: Lily Pad Lake Bundle & High Tide. Inks are Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake & Pool Party. Blends are Cherry Cobbler, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight & Night of Navy. CS is Old Olive. Crane is stamped twice and body is fussy cut and popped up with Dimensionals. Two boats are popped up too.
- Stamps: Lilypad Lake Bundle & High Tide. Inks are Smoky Slate, Pool Party & Crumb Cake. Blends are Calypso Coral & Pool Party. The chair is from Seasonal Layers Framelit Dies.
Additional info: in #s 3,4,6,7,8 & 9 the High Tide Stamp is the Sand. If the Pool Party used for all my water isn't a stamp or a watercolor wash it was sponged.