Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Faux Leather Simply Sketched

I like doing the faux leather technique, it is a fun look. If you would like to see some of the cards I have done in the past, here is a link.

    • The card base is Crumb Cake CS. 
    • I layered Pear Pizzaz CS and then Natural Composition Specialty DSP then wrapped Linen thread around it. I layered this onto the card base.
    • I cut tan fun foam with the Apothecary Accents Framelit,  I heated it with my heat tool until it began to shrink then pressed the stamp (inked with Soft Suede) into it.
    • I layered it onto a Pear Pizzazz piece cut with the same Framelit(fun foam does noticeable shrink) and added it to the card.
    • On a scrap of Crumb Cake CS I stamped a phrase from Teeny Tiny Wishes using Pear Pizzazz ink. I cut it out with a Framelit from the same set I used to cut the image. I sponged it with Crumb Cake ink and popped it up with Dimentionals on the card front.

1 comment: