Friday, May 14, 2010

King of the Grill

If you have read some of my older posts you know that my husband doesn't think that women know what men think when a man thinks masculine card(men think boobs). I almost didn't buy this set, but my husband walked by when I was looking at it in the Summer Mini(page 29) and said "Now you could make a card for a an with that one". So of course I bought it ;).

The card base is Going Gray(retiring and going fast). I ran a strip of Not Quit Navy through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice folder to add texture to the card front. I stamped the image on Watercolor paper with Stazon and colored it with Markers, Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter. I matted the image with NQN and Dusty Durango. I used Word Window and Modern Label punches. A great card for birthday or Father's day!

1 comment:

  1. Kath - fabulous! Running the Navy through the lattice folder adds such a great touch of texture to the background. Great job with the coloring, too.
    You even made me think I should have this set:-)
    BTW... I think your hubby is right about what men want on cards!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete