Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Need Your Help

My boss bought a couple of wooden owls to decorate, she gave me one of them. I have started to dec
orate it but I am at a loss as how to finish it and that is where I need your help.

So far I have covered the owl with Epic Day This and That DSP. His Belly is Crumb Cake CS with the edges sponged with Crumb Cake Ink.
The eyes are Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip CS, the beak is Crushed Curry CS.
So I need help on how to finish it. Here is one idea that I have thought of but I'm not sure if I like it.
Please comment with any suggestions that you might have.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.angelswhostamp.lynn@yahoo.comSeptember 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM

    very cute! Hooty looks 'surprised/delighted' with his wings up. If you move his pupils closer to each other you might find another whimsical look...maybe he needs a heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, very cute! The wings are cute and I agree with the last comment, maybe a heart or sometimes I see owls that have the rows of scallops, maybe layered in the middle oval area. Or eyelashes! He is pretty adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of a heart! I was wondering if I go with wings should I hang a Welcome Banner from it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have a welcome banner strung from one wing to the other with twine. That breaks up the solid belly somewhat. Actually it doesn't have to be a welcome sign. You could have little banners with the letters spelling Welcome attached to twine. I think I'd also do a circle of white around the black of the eyes, to make them pop. Looking really good, otherwise. Love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete