Friday, February 12, 2010

Crazy for Cupcakes

I tried out the new punches from the Occasions mini on this card. There is a steep learning curve combining the corner as well as the edge on the same piece, so I did them on separate pieces and like the looks. (here is a link to a tutorial on the punches. http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/01/a-guide-to-the-pinking-hearts-border-and-corner-punches-and-a-n-sketch-card.html or a link to a Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQ6r3o5u_4&feature=player_embedded )
I stamped the image on Whisper White and colored it with the stampin up markers, I used Real Red, Pretty and Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Going Gray. I used Crystal Effects on the cherries to make them shine as well as raising them up a bit, it doesn't show in the photo,, but does in real life. I matted it on Basic Black that I used the Scallop Trim corner punch on. Layered it Whisper White that I used the same punch on. The base of this card is Real Red, I cut 1/4 inch off the bottom of the front and had the scallops down so that they lined up with the back piece. I used a piece of designer paper from Sending Love package I matted it on Basic Black and Whisper White, I used the scallop trim edge punch on one edge leaving the other straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment