Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop

We are hopping again and feeling the "Retirement Blues!

Our Blog Hop runs in a circular fashion.  No matter where in the list of participants you begin, you'll wind up in the exact same place again if you keep going to the "next" blog.  It works the same way whether you do the usual forward movement through the blog posts or if you work your way through in reverse order

If you arrived here from Gail's blog, welcome! Isn't it fun to see what each of us will miss? Remember you only have about 2 weeks left to get any of the stamp sets that on the retirement list. If you don't have a demonstrator already I'm happy to help you with your order.

First up
I used two retiring stamp sets Pleasant Poppies & Blooming With Kindness, I love sentiments with mixed fonts! The card stock is Whisper White & Calypso Coral, the ink is Memento and Calypso Coral, the card stock and ink are not retiring.

Next
Love & Sympathy is one of my favorite set, one that will be staying in my collection long after its retirement. The card stock and ink are staying. I used Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz for the greens and Wisteria Wonder. I stamped on Shimmery White and used Very Vanilla for my base.

And last.
We are saying good bye to the 2013-2015 in colors, I used 4 of the 5 colors on this card. We are also saying good bye to all of the host sets. I used "Let Your Hair Down"

Card stock is Whisper White, Strawberry Slush & Coastal Cabana, the inks are Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana & Strawberry Slush. Also retiring are the Shaker Frames, the In color Sequins  & the On Film Framelits

Those are a few of the things we are saying good bye to, if you continue on Christine will show you some of the things she will miss. 







9 comments:

  1. Kath - I love that you used Pleasant Poppies too! I think it is the most versatile of all the background stamps because it can be used in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath all three of your projects are wonderful. I really liked the shaker card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun shaker card, Kath! I just love the Sympathy card done in Wisteria Wonder - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I love your projects. I have yet to do a shaker card, guess it is time to try.
    So nice to see others will miss Pleasant Poppies as well. I think that stamp will be one of my keepers.
    Love and Sympathy is one of my staples as well. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kath, I love all of your cards. I didn't use pleasant poppies as much as I should have and I like your version without the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath, thanks so much for continuing to be part of this wonderful Blog Hop. I agree about Pleasant Poppies and Love and Sympathy being "forever" sets. There simply isn't anything like them. I love the way you've used each of them in your cards. Your shaker card is my favourite. What fun! The retiring In-Colors work beautifully for it both in the inks and as the sequins. Thanks so much for sharing your favourite retirees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, Kath - as always. The shaker card looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Kath. Pleasant Poppies is one of my favorite retiring sets too. So glad you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm keeping my Love & Sympathy set too--and now I have a card to CASE! I really like what you did--the colors and the embossing look great!

    ReplyDelete