Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome to the "Do the Llama Hop!"

Welcome to our first ever Do the Llama Hop! You may have just arrived from Martha's blog http://matilliestamps.blogspot.com/ she has told you how we as a group of friends/demos came to be and has shared with you her creations.  If you lose your way as you are doing the hop here is a link to home page.






I signed up to share the A la carte section of the catalog, there are 18 stamps in the IBC as well as 4 in the Holiday Mini. I am sharing cards made with 3 of the stamps from this section.

The first card that I have to share is the card I sent out as my swap, it uses the stamp Young Vermilion.

CS: Poppy Parade, Pear Pizazz, Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper

Folders: Flower Garden, Houndstooth
Dies & Punches: Circles #2, 3" Circle, 2 ½", 1 3/8" 1 ¼" circle
Stamps: Young Vermilion, Petite Pairs
Markers w/Aqua Painter: Poppy Parade, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand
Base: Pear Pizazz

The first stamp that caught my eye and was a must have was Elebration



CS: Baja Breeze and Peach Parfait
 Watercolor Paper
DSP: Just Add Cake

Dies & Punches: 3" Circle die, 1 3/4", 1 3/8", 1 ¼" circle
Stamp: Elebration
Markers w/Aqua Painter: Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride and Peach Parfait
Base: Baja Breeze

The last stamp I used is Bringing Baby, I made two cards with it a boy and a girl card.
I had difficulty photographing this one the colors would not pick up right but here is the basics:
CS: Marina Mist and Old Olive
Watercolor Paper
DSP: Letters to Santa (yes that is Christmas paper)
Glossy paper with Shimmer Paints
Punches: Decorative Label and Small Oval
Stamps: Bringing Baby, Petite Pairs
Markers w/Aqua Painter: Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, More Mustard and Blush Blossom
Base: Marina Mist

This one photographed a little better:
CS: Sahara Sand and Pretty in Pink 
Watercolor Paper

Glossy paper with Shimmer Paints

Dies & Punches: Ovals die and Decorative Label and 1" circle

Stamps: Bringing Baby, Petite Pairs
Markers w/Aqua Painter: Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Marina Mist, More Mustard and Blush Blossom
Base: Sahara Sand sprayed with Frost Shimmer Paint Spray

SO those are the cards I made to share with you on this hop. It wasn't easy to decide what 3 to show case.

Your next stop on the hop is Michelle's blog










11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as ever Miss Kath. Young Vermillion looks as good on the screen as it did in person when it arrived in my swap envelope. Love the cute punch trick you did with the Bringing Baby layer pieces and now I'm thinking Elebration is a must have. Must be your excellent watercoloring that makes him look so cute!
    We've swapped together and now hopped together...what's next my friend?

    Hugs and love and many llama laughs - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kath. My favorite is the circle punch layering. Never thought of that, so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, your cards are beautiful. I love the little elephant. As Jean said, I may just have to get that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL of these are fabulous! Great way to showcase these wonderful images and your cards are perfect, as always!
    Love the cute name for the hop too! Just darling.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love the circles on the Elebration card, neat trick! And the shiny shiny SHINY paper, too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards - as always! I love the stamps you used, and I was hoping you'd do a lot of watercoloring. The shimmer paint background is nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always inspirational! I wish that elephant would look as adorable after I had colored him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, Kath! The "Welcome Baby" card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with Linda; as much as I love Elebration, mine is just never going to be as cute as yours! I'm also thinking about "borrowing" your layered circle puches - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I really like your faux mother of pearl technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your watercoloring is beautiful, as always, and I'm honored to have an original Young Vermilion. I think you showed the versatility of the A La Carte stamps so well. I especially like the backgrounds and fancy edges and, well, everything! Great work!

    ReplyDelete