Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Autumn Harvest

The colors for my card are a little off, I'm not sure why. . . For the card
  • Card base is So Saffron(see what I mean about the color being off), With a front of Pear Pizzazz, and a layer of Cherry Cobbler.
  • I stamped my images onto a piece of Confetti White, this paper is a little heavier and not as smooth as Whisper White and has lovely little speckles already on it. I started by stamping the smaller pumpkin first, I stamped it on the Pumpkin Pie stamp pad, used a blender pen to remove ink from the stem and then used a marker to color the stem, I also used markers directly on the stamp to give it a little depth. After stamping the image I mask it and stamped the squash, masked and larger pumpkin, I did this with the leaves as well.
  • I then added this to the layers on my card base.
  • I didn't add a sentiment, I figured I wait until I decided who and for what I am sending this card.
Candle
Stamping on candles is really easy!  All you need is a candle, stamp set of choice, ink, white tissue paper, wax paper and a heat gun.
  • for this candle I stamped the images on tissue roughly cut them out.
  • starting with the pumpkin, I laid the stamped tissue on the candle, laid a piece of wax paper over the image, you want the wax paper larger then the image and if you make the wax paper long enough to wrap around the candle with extra so that you can grip the wax paper as it holds the image tight to the candle.
  • Using your heat gun, melt the image into the candle, you will no it is done when the white tissue has turned clear and the image looks like it was stamped on the candle.
  • I started layering leaves in the same manner as the pumpkin, instead of masking I just cut away where they would over lap.
I hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to stamp.

1 comment:

  1. Love the candle idea. It turned out beautifully. Have wanted to try this; you've motivated me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete