Thursday, January 22, 2015

Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop

Welcome to another Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop we are hopping in a circle so continue hopping until you return to your starting point, you will find plenty of inspiration along the way. Please leave a comment and let me know that you stopped by.

You may have hopped to my blog from my friend Marsha's blog, Marsha and I have been part of a couple different blog hops and I enjoy seeing her take on a project.

For the favorite past project part of our blog hop we are CASEing a hop members creation from last years Occasions/Sale-a-bration projects. I am CASEing Stefanie Pletscher I chose this card from last year.
Here is my CASE.
Stamps: Big Day (Sale-a-bration)
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay & Calypso Coral CS & Birthday Bash Specialty DSP
Ink: VesaMark, Metallic Gold Encore & Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pads, Burmuda Bay and Calypso Coral Blendabilities
Misc: Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Chalk Talk Framelits & Diamensionals

I think one of my favorite stamps is From the Herd.

Stamp: From the Herd
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi & Marina Mist CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink & Blendabilities
Misc: Lucky Stars Embossing Folder & On Film Framelit

I made two cards for our hop using the same stamp- A favorite Anything goes.

Stamps: Hey, Valentine
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler & Night of Navy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Bronze, Natural, Ivory, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, Cherry Cobbler & Night of Navy Marker
Misc:Big Shot, Word Bubble Framelits, Glue Dots & Dimensionals

With the word bubble, after I cut it out but before I took the Framelit off the paper I used a Project Life Pen to trace around the inside of the Framelit. I  stamped and colored parts of a second image, cut it out and used Dimensionals to pop parts of the image up. For his hat I used a Dimensional in the center and a Glue Dot on each side of it so that it curves.

But- Hey, Valentine isn't just for Valentines!

Stamps: Hey, Valentine & Label Love
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy & Crushed Curry
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Bronze, Blush, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities 
Misc: Circle Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Stylish Strips Embossing Folder, Lucky STars Embossing Folder, Artisan Label Punch & Dimensionals

Hop on over to Terri's blog and see what she has in store for you.



11 comments:

  1. Oh what fun cards! Love your CASE, your herd and pirate!!!! You did a marvelous good coloring in your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects!! The color is really eye-catching!! Thank you for sharing! I've been so honored to be a part of this blog hop and I'll miss you all!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards, Kath! Love the bright colours, and you're the master at fussy-cutting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could color like you! Perfect in every way. You've inspired me to use my From the Herd stamp now...I've been intimidated (and your coloring intimidates me more!) but it's so fun! Great job with all of your cards. Thanks, Kath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun and fabulous cards! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for being part of this Blog Hop, Kath. With your surgeries I'm amazed that you've been able to do so much and so beautifully.

    I love the colours you've used in CASEing Stefanie's card. This year's Big Day SAB stamp set really works. I love your From the Herd card, too, especially since I have one on my table right now that I'm colouring for the Challenge (and for my nephew's birthday on Sunday---sshhhh).

    You love that little pirate, too! He's the main reason I bought the Hey, Valentine set and I agree that it will work beautifully for events other than Valentine's. In fact the colours in your birthday version are fabulous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, your cards are wonderful. I really have to play with the From the Herd stamp. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all. I knew that pirate would make a great birthday card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects, Kath. I love the CASE you did of Stefanie's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your update of my card! I love that little pirate too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the Herd is one of my favorite stamps, too! :) All four cards are fabulous and I'm completely awed by the detail in the first pirate card.

    ReplyDelete