Sunday, May 31, 2015

WCC25

I was in charge of coming up with this weeks challenge, with Father's Day coming up I wanted something that could work for masculine cards if needed. I went with a photo inspiration. Here is the photo I challenged the Watercooler Artists with.
There are so many things that I could take from the photo, water, feathers, fowl, or colors. The Stampin' Up colors I see are, Crumb Cake, Tangelo Twist, So Saffron, Baked Brown Sugar(retired), Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Handsome Hunter(retired), Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Basic Gray & Elegant Eggplant.  Did I miss any colors?

I went with colors and water.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Paper: Tangelo Twist, Cajun Craze, Island Indigo & Watercolor Paper
Ink: Island Indigo, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron and Stazon
Misc: Aqua Painter

When watercoloring with Mossy Meadow the colors separate and make for an interesting combination- greens and brown, all of my grassy area was colored with only Mossy Meadow.

So look at the photo and see what it inspires you to do and then share your project with us on our home site(where you can see what the Watercoolor Artists were inspired to make). http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/

1 comment:

  1. First of all I love the inspiration photo Kath, such a handsome waterfowl and the colours are so spectacular. Mother Nature at her best. Your water colour card is also spectacular and has so much life in it. Love the way the Mossy Meadow spread out and of course I'm so thrilled that Lovely as a Tree is still around. Thanks for sharing your beautiful talents.

    ReplyDelete