Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lovely As a Tree

I decided I needed to make a masculine birthday card so this is what I came up with.

  • The card base is Naturals White.
  • The front is Soft Suede that I ran through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain Embossing Folder then lightly sponged the grain with Crumb Cake Ink.
  • On a piece of Naturals White I stamped the Oak Tree from Lovely as a Tree in Soft Suede then cut it out with a Window Collection Framelit as well as a Naturals White in the next size up. I sponged all but the center of the  the image with Crumb Cake Ink. I layered it on the plain piece of Naturals White. I added the image to the front of the card.
  • On a piece of Natural Trim Ribbon(from the Spring Catalog) I stamped the Happy Birthday from Create a Cupcake in Early Espresso, then wrappped it around the front and tacked it on with two Antique Brads.  I then added the fron to the base.
So I am really liking how this turned out. I hope you like it too!


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the Woodgrain Folder with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Kath. You can't go wrong with Lovely As a Tree. I think I need to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, you have created one of my favourite masculine cards made with this stamp. I love how you stamped on the natural ribbon.

    ReplyDelete