We are starting a new round of clubs, meeting the first Monday of the month, and I was having the most difficult time trying to decide what to do for this month. We won't be holding club in June, July or August So I figured I'd do Easter theme in April and Mother's day in May and I really couldn't decide what to do for March, because lets face it not many people send St Patrick's Day Cards. My husband solved my problem(I was making it harder then it was) He said do Easter in March, Mother's Day in April and Father's day in May. So that is what I am planning on doing
I just couldn't make all the different layers/embellishments work, but I am happy with where I stopped.
- Card base is Chocolate Chip cut at 5 1/5" x 8 1/2" folded in half and ran through the Big Shot with the Scallop Circle die.
- The first layer is a 3 13/16" circle cut from the Regal Rose DSP. I punched one edge of a Chocolate Chip strip with the Scallop edge punch I layered a strip of Regal Rose DSP on top of it, layered it at the top of the DSP circle and trimmed the ends to fit. I then added it to the base.
- I stamped the girl from Easter Blossoms onto Whisper White with Chocolate Chip ink and then punched it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch. Layered it onto a 2 3/8" circle of Chocolate Chip.
- I stamped the Easter Wishes from All Holidays in Regal Rose onto Whisper White and punched it out with the 1 3/8" Circle punch and layered it onto the 1 3/4" circle punched from Chocolate Chip
- The Butterfly was from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I used four pearls off the connecting pearls strip for the butterfly body.
So even though I wasn't able to complete the challenge what do you think of the card?
Th basket is made with the Two Tags Die using two of the tags cut from Chocolate Chip to form the sides and a simple box was made with another strip pf Chocolate Chip. A 1" strip of Regal Rose DSP was wrapped around the middle of the box with a Regal Rose Decorative Label centered on it with the Easter Wishes stamped in Regal Rose onto Whisper White and punched with the Scallop Oval punch. The roses are spiral cut circles punched from Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink with the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch. the leaves are from the Little Leaves Sizzlits. The handle was punched with the Scallop Ribbon punch and again a butterfly from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.