Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just Baseball

My oldest daughter bought this stamp set, it had never seen ink. I just didn't find inspiration in it. Another demonstrator posted a card that is very similar on our demo site, I Cased the card from memory, and now can not find her card to give her credit.(there are 60,000 sample in the gallery on that site) Anyway, I am happy with the card and think that it is a great boy birthday card.

The base of the card is Not Quite Navy topped by Soft Suede and then Very Vanilla. On the Very Vanilla layer I inked up the background stamp Sanded with Creamy Carmel (soon to be retired), stamped off once and then stamped it on the Very Vanilla. I inked the baseball in Creamy Caramel, stamped off once and stamped over the sanded. On a scrap of Very Vanilla CS I stamped the hat in Not Quite Navy, the bat in Soft Suede and the ball full strength Creamy Caramel. I cut out the images and added Diemensionals to the backs of each of them. The phrase is from On Your Birthday stamped in NQN ink and matted on Soft Suede CS. The images were added over the phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment