Monday, April 14, 2008

Embrace Life

Have you ever made a card that you just don't like? This is one of mine... I love the set it is made from (Embrace Life) ; it was the first one I bought when the new catalog came out. The Designer paper was one of my favorite too. I have made some cards that I love with this same stamp set, but I have made just as many that I don't like... Tomorrow I will post one of my favorites from this set.
The base of this card is 4 ¼" x 5 ½" Tempting Turquoise CS with a layer of Ginger Blossom DP. The corners of the designer paper are punched with the Ticket CornerPunch. The image is from Embrace Life, stamped twice in black StazOn on Whisper White CS. The flowers are colored with Groovy Guava and Cameo Coral ink using Blender Pens. The corners of the Whisper White CS are punched with the Ticket Punch, layered on Basic Black CS with the corners punched as well. The single flower use the stamp from the same set, it was made layering single ply toilet paper, misting with water and tamping it into the ridges of the stamp, this was done 7 times. After the toilet paper dried I removed it from the stamp and trimmed the image. Cameo Coral was sponged onto the edges of the flower, a turquoise Rhinestone Brad was used as a center of the flower; Dazzling Diamonds was used on the ends of the flowers center. The flower was mounted with Dimensionals. Happiness from Warm Words was stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White CS and punched with the large Oval Punch. The edges of the oval were sponged with Basic Black and then both the image and the greeting were mounted on the designer paper. See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment